Title: Electrical Design Engineer
The activities and descriptions below are the base roles and responsibilities for the Electrical design function, the list is not exhaustive and other roles and responsibilities can be added by the Company if it deems said role or responsibility to be part of the duties of an Electrical Design Engineer.
These are the duties and responsibilities that an electrical design engineer has to perform. They are as follows.
- You will need to be able discuss the different engineering designs that are related to electrical systems.
- It is your duty to check the different electrical equipments and processes. You will need to keep a track on the different systems that are in use.
- You will design bespoke Electrical packages for our clients, in line with the operating areas of the product
- It is your duty to design new electrical systems, test the details and then implement it as well.
- You will need to perform the different calculations regarding the electrical systems that would be installed and check the details accordingly.
- You will need to stack the information regarding different electrical systems and use it in a constructive manner.
- All work will be completed as per the time constraints detailed in the original plan.
- Preparation of electrical schematic drawings (use of Solidworks electrical or similar).
- Preparation of BOM’s for use in the company ERP system
- Preparation of 2D control panel layouts.
- Preparation of terminal strip layouts.
- Preparation of IO layouts for PLC systems.
- Able to set up the and maintain the CAD system, developing library’s and establishing standard components.
- Develop an electrical engineering standard for components and suppliers.
- Interpret and develop existing designs.
- Liaise closely with the mechanical design team to establish details before manufacturing starts.
- Support the electrical engineers during installation and fault finding.
- Support the software engineers during programming and commissioning.
- Familiarity with the machinery directive
- Knowledge of Sistema and EN ISO 13849-1
Skills and Qualifications
In order to work as an electrical design engineer, there are different skills and qualifications that are required. They are as follows.
- HNC in electrical engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Able to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical & logical.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to get hands on.
Please email your CV to our HR Manager, Alan Shaw, at AShaw@amp-rose.com if you would like to be considered
Website Maintained by Laser Red