Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Basic Job Specification
- Solidworks, able to produce parts, assemblies and drawings – ESSENTIAL.
- AutoCAD / Draftsight – working knowledge.
- Some knowledge of Packaging machines – WOULD BE BRILLIANT.
- Machine building – ESSENTIAL
- Able to carry out all stages of the machine design process,– ESSENTIAL.
- Assessing the project requirements
- Undertake relevant research and testing
- Working through concepts and calculations
- Liaising with customers
- Modelling and detail drawing.
- Able to carry out calculations for sizing motors, gearbox’s, shafts, belts etc.
- Liaise with outside suppliers
- Familiar with the machinery directive for machine design – EXPECTED
- Familiar with servo motor control and other automation equipment. – ESSENTIAL
- Mechanical role – so knowledge of gears, cams and mechanisms. – ESSENTIAL
- 5 years’ experience in mechanical engineering design – ESSENTIAL
- Office – Excel for BOMS etc. – EXPECTED
- Special projects – WOULD BE NICE
- Confidant and able to present the designs and ideas to all levels
- Methodical with an eye for detail. – ESSENTIAL
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated. – EXPECTED
- Team player. – ESSENTIAL
- Resourceful and able to interrogate existing legacy drawings and BOMS in various formats. – EXPECTED
- Able to do some reverse engineering when required. ESSENTIAL
- Some occasional international travel – EXPECTED
- Overtime is not common but may be needed at times to meet deadlines -EXPECTED
Please email your CV to our HR Manager, Alan Shaw, at AShaw@amp-rose.com if you would like to be considered
Website Maintained by Laser Red