AMP Automation is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced machinist to join our team.
We design and manufacture packaging machinery solutions for all types of Packaging requirements. The business is expanding and growing and are now a leading Manufacturer of Automated / Robot Lines, Pick and Place lines, Palletisers and more.
The Company is growing within the marketplace and has a blue-chip customer base in both the UK and abroad.
We have a state-of-the-art facility in Gainsborough, innovative designers and Engineers and as we are a family run business the Culture and work ethic are second to none.
We are looking for a skilled machinist to operate CNC and conventional machine tools, Knowledge of XYZ Prototrack and siemens controls preferred but not essential. Must be competent to manufacture complete parts from drawings provided in a variety of different materials.
- Set and operate CNC and conventional Milling Machines.
- Maintain and monitor machine to make sure it functions properly
- Conduct quality checks and take responsibility for manufacture of quality products
- Adjust machine as needed for changeovers, different functions, or other varying needs of production
- Accurately perform production tasks, to tight deadlines
- Raise issues/problems promptly to Line Manager
- Consider health and safety in day-to-day activity (adheres to training and instruction given)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working to fine tolerances
- Experience setting and operating 3 axis CNC milling machines
- Operation of miscellaneous workshop equipment including Horizontal Borer, Bandsaws, Lathes, pillar drill, Tapping Arm ETC
- Reading and accurately interpreting engineering drawings and using them to set up machine and check parts
- XYZ Prototrack and Siemens experience Preferred but not essential
- Varied experience with machinery set up and operations
- Efficient, good work ethic, with general practical skills
The ideal candidate would be a time-served machinist with experience in producing high quality precision components in small batches. Ability to work from drawings or produce from sample.
Working hours are 39 per week. Overtime at an enhanced rate when available. Full-time position
Please email your CV to our HR Manager, Alan Shaw, at AShaw@amp-rose.com if you would like to be considered
Website Maintained by Laser Red