We are looking for a time-served electrician to join our team. You must be able to work on your own and be self-motivated. As a control panel wirer you will be required to carry out general panel fitting work, wiring of PLC’s, variable speed drives, servo motors and complex control systems. You will also be expected to complete field wiring on packaging machines, thereby wiring a complete solution through to testing and commissioning. Opportunities to work off-site work both in the UK and oversees will be available.
Key Skills & Experience
- Build control panels and electrically assemble complex machinery.
- Work to electrical drawings and correct and update as necessary.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as hand and power tools, measuring devices, and test equipment.
- Construct a variety of cable management systems, conduit, cable tray and trunking
- Work on installations in the UK and worldwide
- Deliver high quality, professional work within planned deadlines
Qualifications and Skills:
- Recognised apprentice trained electrical qualifications
- Ideally multi-skilled with electrical bias
- Background in automation and packaging equipment
- Driving licence and right to travel documents
- Customer focus and service skills
- 18th edition wiring regulations
- A working knowledge of PLC’s/HMI’s would be preferable
Apart from producing high quality work, you will have excellent communication and organisational skills and an inbuilt desire to provide a professional service together with the ability to handle pressure during peak work demands. You must be able to work in a close team environment.
- Responsible, honest & trustworthy
- Use initiative and contribute with continuous improvement ideas
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
Applicants without all of the required skills will be considered
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your CV to our HR Manager, Alan Shaw, at AShaw@amp-rose.com if you would like to be considered
Website Maintained by Laser Red