Title: Commissioning Engineer
Reporting to: Commissioning Manager
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, the Commissioning Engineer will be working across the Mechanical, Electrical and Software engineering teams and will take responsibility for the building and onsite commissioning of new machines.
- Preparation, configuration, installation and commissioning of bespoke projects on customer premises adhering to site specific requirements and processes
- Read and interpret engineering assembly drawings to assemble machines
- Provide on-site technical assistance and support to customers acting as a liaison between the internal project team and the customer on technical issues ensuring the timely management of issues.
- Deliver on-site customer support and basic training to new and existing customers, as required and assisting customers to solve technical issues with bespoke automation solutions ensuring technical scope is managed.
- Provide technical support to the sales team in live projects or new customer development.
- Understand the range of products to effectively troubleshoot issues, replicate problematic behaviour and implement fixes.
- Communicate accurate project status to the project leads enabling pro-actively planning.
- Support the machine commissioning activities in collaboration with the commissioning team to a successful FAT & SAT.
- Work within an ISO14001 & ISO9001 compliant framework and support a culture of Innovation and Continuous Improvement.
- Work with all AMP Automation colleagues to ensure that our internal customer ethos is delivered and maintained through everything we do including right first time, on time and in full.
- Always demonstrate respect, integrity, trust and excellence in interactions with all colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required
- Previous experience in a similar role delivering special purpose machinery from scratch.
- Possess a good understanding of mechanical, electrical ans software design.
- Knowledge and experience of configuration & program modification of PLC & HMI automation equipment, eg. Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Siemens S5, S7, Beckhoff, B&R
- Excellent language & communication skills (English) in both verbal and written formats as you will be required to liaise with customers face to face, via the telephone/ conference calls and deliver basic operator training to customer personnel
- Excellent PC skills, familiar with most MS Office products; comfortable to use unfamiliar software packages with minimal/ no training
- Experience of working within a multi–skilled environment (i.e. knowledge of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic components including motors, servos, vision systems)
- Experienced in managing projects including working to tight timescales throughout the project life cycle
- Willingness to travel (within the UK and abroad)
- Experience in evaluating mechanical and technical requirements and providing viable and innovative solutions.
Apprentice trained in mechanical, electrical or mechatronics engineering discipline backed up with practical experience.
Please email your CV to our HR Manager, Alan Shaw, at AShaw@amp-rose.com if you would like to be considered
Website Maintained by Laser Red